05 March 2008

Spring is OHHHHHHHHH so close!


*Giggle* Ok, those aren't the springs I'm talking about! After three long months of early sunsets, icy sidewalks, and two blankets on the bed, there are finally signs of relief!

First Sign: Easter is early this year! Obviously, the Easter bunny isn't going to be hiding those eggs while Frosty the Snow Man is still tromping around the neighborhood...so that means Winter is through!

Second Sign: Daylight Savings time is here! This Sunday, we "Spring Ahead" into later sunsets! Sure, a few of you will now be trudging to work before sunrise, but that won't last long! It'll be light when you leave work, and isn't that more important???

Third Sign: The ice in the kiddy pool has melted! Woo hoo! Ok, that may be inconclusive, but we've had 3 days straight where the temperature stayed above freezing! No small feat in New England, baby! So Spring MUST be right around the corner. You know I'm right!

Anyhoo...along with Spring comes the urge to Road Trip! Ya know with Gas costing an arm and a leg, you'd think that a good old fashioned road trip would be much less appealing these days! But you can't beat the freedom of the open road; being able to pick your route, stopping whenever the urge hits you, diner food! 'Nuff said! And now that I've discovered the GPS functionality on my cell phone, I can not wait to hop off the freeway to discover what's hiding beyond the interstate! On a recent bus trip to NYC I realized that I didn't now bubkus about Connecticut! What a shame! It's right next door! Can't miss it, and yet, I had always just passed through. Hmmm...maybe that'll be my first road trip for 2008? Jeesh, I wish the Camaro was a hybrid! :-)

No comments: