30 August 2007

Summer 2007 Soundtrack

Every good trip has to have a SOUNDTRACK! You know...those songs that stick in your head long after you return to your real life. Songs you wouldn't ordinary hear as part of your 9-5 office routine. No, these are the songs you hear from the rental car's stereo speakers as you cruise around town. It's the songs blasting from behind the counter at every t-shirt shop along the beach. Every soundtrack is comprised of both songs that make you want to run to Target to pick up the CD, along songs that you are certain will drive you mad if you hear them one...more...friggin' time!!!!

Here are my summer 2007 Soundtrack hits:

Amy Winehouse (bless her soul), Rehab
Sean Kingston, Mi Love
Plain White T's, THE WHOLE DAMNED CD, actually
Rihanna, Umbrella (ay ay ay....)

Most HATED Summer 2007 Soundtrack hits:
Fergie, Big Girls (omg...if I hear that song one more time I may go absolutely insane)
Sean Kingston, Beautiful Girls (ok, this one is growing on me)
Maroon 5, you know the song...

Ok, ordinarily I'm a Maroon 5 fan, but on a recent trip to So Cal, I happened to be listening to a radio station that was presenting Maroon 5 in concert. Sadly, they killed that song for me by promoting that friggin concert during EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK! Since this was a top 40 station, that was basically every 10 minutes! Needless to say, they are now dead to me.
What's on your Soundtrack for 2007?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huge Maroon 5 fan Yvette :-) Going to the concert Oct. 15th in Boston. Wish they did not overplay and ruin it for you!

~Kelly

Nettie said...

Ah, ya know I love maroon 5 again. I can't be mad at them for long! :-)